Culinary management is a program designed by ZSEM Business Academy and Culinary Institute in Sisak. You will learn how to be a great chef (from basic to advance skills), gain excellent culinary expertise, but also learn how to run restaurant, pastry or any other type of business related to culinary industry.
AT KUL IN
During their time in Sisak, students gain a thorough understanding of cooking methods and techniques used in the French and Italian cuisines, and a deeper understanding of the HoReCa industry and standards. The course is highly hands-on, and students spend 80% of class time in practical training, mentored by chef-instructors. The course covers thermal and mechanical food processing, identifying ingredient quality, coupling seasonings, knife work, creating quality restaurant menus, arranging and serving dishes, professional cooking standards, food portions, food storage and hygiene, and the history of gastronomy.
Daily cooking lessons are supplemented with field trips to renowned restaurants and food productions centers in Croatia as well as guest lectures from successful Croatian and international chefs. In addition, students take classes in enology and wine pairing.
You can read more about the program here.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AT
ZSEM BUSINESS ACADEMY
Students then move to Croatia’s capital city Zagreb, where they study the business side of Culinary Management at ZSEM Business Academy. In addition to fundamental business economics, students learn how to choose and find their niche market, how to promote their HoReCa business, how to plan and manage finances, operational costs, and human resources, and how to be a successful entrepreneur in the modern restaurant boom.
Zagreb’s booming restaurant scene naturally offers students the opportunity to explore various HoReCa businesses. Not only will students find inspiration for new dishes, but also they will be able to network with restaurant managers and owners as they develop their own business plans.
(possibility of selecting
the start date)
4502,00 € + VAT
(includes lectures, materials, uniforms
certificate, housing near school…)
(5 relevant content modules
with top lecturers)
2450,00 € + VAT
(includes lectures, materials,
certificate, more than 30 e-books)
BEGINNING OF THE PROGRAM
The ZSEM BA part of the program starts on October 19, 2020, but you can decide when you want to finish the KUL IN part of the program.
STRARTING DATES AT KUL IN:
- 12.01.2021. – 12.03.2021.
- 17.03.2021. – 18.05.2021.
- 08.06.2021. – 10.08.2021.
- 17.08.2021. – 15.10.2021.
- 19.10.2021. – 21.12.2021.
STARTING DATE AT ZSEM BUSINESS ACADEMY
- on request
UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM
Upon completion of the both parts, participants will get Certificate Culinary Management.
BENEFITS IF YOU HAVE A RESTAURANT, CAFFE BAR, BAKERY…
You will work on your challenges or problem
• How to have more customers?
• How to market our business better?
• How to manage books, deal with finance, taxes?
• How to manage, plan and organize more efficiently?
• How to read contracts, follow changes in law regulations?
BENEFITS IF YOU WANT TO OPEN START UP IN HOSPITALITY,
CULINARY OR TOURISM
You will work and create business plan
• How to employ the right people?
• How to do a research in marketing?
• How to calculate projected financial statements?
• How to organize future business, legally and operationally?
• How to write a business plan so I can go directly to grants or investors?
The price for both parts of the programs is 6952,00 EUR + VAT.
- All training and material for the program – 332 hours
- Transportation from Zagreb International Airport
- Literature (digital) and uniforms
- Housing near school and lunch on school days
- Costs for field trips
ZSEM BUSINESS ACADEMY
- All training and material for the program – 200 hours
- 6 -books regarding curriculum
- E-book “Road through Croatia”
- 1-month free subscription to platform eBook (around 100 different business/economics/professional books)
- 10% discount to 1 seminar by choice (in a period of one year) – ZSEM Business Academy
- Free participation to New Europe Business Forum, https://nebf.eu/
- Lunch & coffee
ZSEM – BA MODULE OVERVIEW
Example of topics which will be covered:
- Marketing in hospitality, tourism and hotels – basics
- Marketing mix
- Consumer behavior – customer loyalty
- Segmentation, target customer, positioning in the market
- Pricing, distribution channels, promotion
- Social networks – electronic marketing
- Developing marketing plan
- Case studies examples, problem solving activities, guest lecturers from practice
Examples of topics:
- Accounting for inventories
- Revenue recognition
- Taxes: value added tax (VAT), consumption tax, corporate income tax and personal income tax
Example of Topics:
- Understanding basics financial reports in hospitality/culinary – balance sheet, profit and lost account
- Tracking profitability, liquidity, comparison with competition
- Cash flow
- Managing risks, assessing the value of asset
- Case studies examples, simulations of company reports, solving real problems
Example of Topics:
- Staff management – HR (how to organize people)
- Risk management
- Process of establishing a business
- Taxes and important legal acts
- Labor contracts
- Case studies examples, reading and doing examples of contracts, guest lecturers
Example of Topics:
- Planning the business
- Organizing the schedule/people/resources
- Motivation/communication as important part
- Time management
- Controlling the business/people/resources
- Developing business idea
- Boost creativity using different techniques and activities
- Case studies examples, start-up quest lecturers, games, tools and techniques, teamwork problem solving activities, simulation
- Step by step developing your own business
Example of topics:
- Innovation – basics through examples
- Types of innovations
- Brainstorming technique
- Design thinking methodology
- Learn how to use design thinking methodology in your everyday business or life