WORKPLACE STRESS: Managing through Difficult Times and Difficult People
Stress at work is a common occurrence. For many of us, it is a part of our work lives that is not likely to go away. And realistically,
some level of stress can actually be a good thing, because it drives us to higher levels of performance and productivity. However, when
stressful situations, and our reactions to them, cause negative and sustained physical and emotional reactions, we need to pay attention
and take measures to regain balance.
Workplace stress has many sources, some that we can control, others that we may have little influence over – for example, excessive
workloads, limited resources, unclear roles, and challenging relationships at work. This seminar will focus on the relationship
aspects of workplace stress caused by incivility among employees, dysfunctional teams, and poor organizational cultures.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone interested in gaining foundational knowledge of workplace stress and how stress can be managed more effectively,
in particular in the context of workplace relationships
- Human Resources professionals, and line and general managers who are responsible for helping to facilitate more positive
and healthy relationships among individuals and teams
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
UPON COMPLETION OF THE SEMINAR, PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE:
- A broad conceptual understanding of the causes of stress, and how individuals react to stressful situations.
- Heightened awareness of the conditions where stress leads to negative physical and emotional outcomes.
- Tools to strengthen their ability to manage workplace stress… their own, and the stress experienced by coworkers.
IN TURN, PARTICIPANTS OUGHT TO SUBSEQUENTLY BE ABLE TO:
- Understand what trigger stress and their own responses to stress.
- Assess the strengths as well as opportunities for improving their own, as well as their organization’s ability to reduce and better
manage workplace stress.
- Develop individual plans to better manage stress and strengthen performance.
Julie Felker, DBA
Informacije i prijave:
The program fee is 1.899,00 Kuna + VAT. The fee includes tuition, instructional materials, literature, refreshments, lunch and reception.
Number of seats on the seminar is limited. The deadline for registering is October 15th, 2018. If you sign up until 10th of October
2018 you get a 15% discount on the regular price (1.615,00 Kuna + PDV).
If you want to take up a friend with you, we offer you a 25% discount for both.
For the two purchased entries, the third is GRATIS (only for applications until 10th of October 2018)